SATURDAY, APRIL 15
Registration Fee: $40
Registration Deadline: April 8, 2023
Our Kids Jiu-Jitsu Tournament helps our students to learn how to compete and gain experience. It prepares students for bigger competitions, both in Jiu-Jitsu and in life. What builds emotional stability and maturity is experiencing the ability to face adversity and challenge with an open mind and fighting spirit. Children who build the capacity to face confrontation with confidence, will become adults who are able to persevere in a challenging world.
- Competition is an excellent learning tool for kids to take on the challenge.
- Competing regularly in Jiu-Jitsu helps kids to accept that they can't win all the time – and that it's OK to lose.
- Competing in Jiu-Jitsu, is a perfectly healthy way to express themselves. Additionally, competing in such an event teaches children important life lessons that they may not receive anywhere else.
IMPORTANT TOURNAMENT INFORMATION:
Please review all the tournament rules & point system information below ahead of time as these are different depending on the skill/level age group of the athlete.
1) Time: Doors open at 8:30 AM
2) Please arrive 10 minutes before your Kids Age group match.
3) Divisions may be combined depending on the amount of competitors.
4) Please make sure that your kid come already dressed with his Gi/uniform.
5) If your child has flu/cold symptoms please stay home.
6) Only staff/volunteers; competitors and immediate family will enter the tournament venue.
7) Parents need to sign the competitor tournament waiver and release form in advance.
Age Group Division Schedule:
Ninjas (4-6 years): 9:00 AM
Big Ninjas (7-9 years): 10:00 AM
Top Guns 1 (10-12 years): 11:00 AM
Top Guns 2 (13-15 years): 11:30 AM
| Techniques (Kids Division) ||Point System|
|Takedowns (Osoto-Gari; Ouchi-Gari; Double-Leg / or Single Leg; etc.)||2 Points|
|Mount (Hooks in - 5 seconds hold)||4 Points|
|Back Mount (Hooks in - 5 seconds hold)||4 Points|
|Knee on Belly (5 seconds hold)||2 Points|
|Sweeps and Reversals||2 Points|
|Passing the Guard (Open, Closed or Half-Guard Passing)||3 Points|
|Advantage (when technique is almost completed / referee decision)||AD|
|Stalling (will be called after 20 secs and warning)||(-1) Point|
We are offering two sessions this summer:
SESSION I: JULY 10 - JULY 14
SESSION II: JULY 31 - AUGUST 4
TIME: 8:30am – 11:30am
ABOUT OUR CAMPS: